Under the guidance of our manager and reputable pointe shoe fitter Kerry Fowler, with over 15 years’ experience, our trained staff are committed to take the time to fit the most appropriate and aesthetically pleasing pointe shoes for our customers. Having one of the largest pointe shoe brand ranges in Australia, including Bloch, Energetiks, Grishko, Gaynor Minden and Capezio, we guarantee we will find the perfect pointe shoes for dancers of any level. Come and visit our friendly and knowledgeable staff and experience the Step by Step difference.
Contact us to make an appointment. Walk ins are also welcome.
POINTE SHOE GALLERIA
Our Step by Step Dancewear Pointe Shoe Galleria is our beautiful, specifically designed area of our store designated for pointe shoe display and fittings only.As the first of its kind in Australia, the unique Pointe Shoe Galleria was developed as we believe that pointe shoe fittings should be a special and personal experience for all dancers whether it’s a beginner’s very first pair or an advanced dancer’s 20th pair. Under the guidance of Kerry Fowler, one of Queensland’s most sort after pointe shoe fitters with over 15 years of experience, Step by Step Dancewear has developed an outstanding reputation for pointe shoe fittings, which is now something our store is known widely for. Proudly stocking one of, or if not the largest array of pointe shoe ranges in Australia including Bloch, Energetiks, Grishko, Gaynor Minden and Capezio, our store has become a destination where dancers travel from far and wide to be fitted with the most diverse selection of pointe shoes. Our Pointe Shoe Galleria is a big step forward to our goal of continually striving to be on Australia’s forefront of everything Pointe Shoe related and creating the most special pointe shoe fitting experience for every dancer. So if you haven’t already, come in store and check out our beautiful Pointe Shoe Galleria out.
Your First Pointe Shoe Fitting
It’s super exciting getting your first pair of pointe shoes, so to make it a positively memorable experience we have a few tips when preparing to have your first ever fitting.
- Make sure your ballet teacher has given you approval to go onto pointe.
- Ask you ballet teacher if they prefer a particular brand of pointe shoe to be fitted.
- Ask your ballet teacher if they have a preference for that type of toe protection to wear inside your pointe shoes.
- Allow enough time for your fitting. We suggest at least half an hour.
- Don’t be afraid to speak up- our staff will be asking you questions about how the shoes are feeling, your feedback is essential for us to achieve the perfect fit.
- Wear comfortable clothes as you will be asked to plie and take lots of shoes on and off.
- Bring your smart phone or camera to take a snap of this exciting moment in your dance life
- For beginner fittings we recommend booking an appointment with us.
Group Beginner Pointe Fitting Days
Getting your first pair of pointe shoes is an exciting time in a ballerina’s life. We aim to make this experience extra special by offering dance schools pointe shoe fitting days. Accompanied by your ballet teacher, your whole ballet class who are moving up to pointe are invited to have their shoes fitted together at our store. Surrounded by your dance friends and your teacher, beginner pointe fitting days are a lot of fun and have proved to be a success. Please call or email us if you would like to make a booking.